Visit Sugar Land is gearing up for the holidays, and you’re invited to come unwrap the holiday magic and spread cheer at our “Sweet Jamboree” one-day event at the Sugar Land Heritage Museum and Visitor Center. Jingle your way to this family fun-filled event in the sweetest city in Texas and join us for this holiday celebration.
SWEET JAMBOREE SPECIAL EVENTS:
- Sugar Land Skeeters Fun: Get artsy, color away with Swatson themed-pages, try your luck at the prize wheel and snap away with the Sugar Land Skeeters 2018 Atlantic League Championship trophy.
- Crafts & Games: Have fun and be crafty at booths with activities such as DIY candy cane reindeer, ring toss challenge, mosaic artwork, cupcake decorating, mini DIY board making, Christmas card designing, letters to Santa, frame ornaments, and holiday bookmarks.
- Inspiration Stage Productions: In celebration of the holidays, enjoy two Inspiration Stage featured seasonal performances from their latest productions, “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Jr.” and “Fiddler on the Roof Jr.” The event time is 1:15 p.m. for the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Jr. performance and 2:30 p.m. for the Fiddler on the Roof Jr.
- Sweet Science: Explore the “scents of Christmas” and density with the Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land.
- Sweetened History: Travel back in time with our friends from the George Ranch and Fort Bend Museum, and learn about the meaning of Christmas and how to make hand-dipped candles and Dresden-style Victorian ornaments and cards.
WHERE: Sugar Land Heritage Museum and Visitor Center, 198 Kempner Street, Building B – 2nd Floor
- Event Hours: Saturday, Dec. 1, from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Visitor Center Hours: Mondays from noon to 5 p.m. and Tuesdays-Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Admission: Free
- For more information, visit www.VisitSugarLandTX.com or call (281) 275-2045.
ABOUT VISIT SUGAR LAND
With a vibrant mix of history, performing arts, sports, shopping, dining and accommodations both luxurious and affordable, Sugar Land is a destination more cosmopolitan than cities many times its size. Every day, every weekend, there is always a new event to enjoy, a new green space to discover and a new experience to remember. Just a few minutes away from the largest city in the Lone Star State, Sugar Land’s culture, amenities and attractions are uniquely its own. Plan your visit to Sugar Land, and experience Texas a little differently from what you might expect. To learn more, visit www.VisitSugarLandTX.com.
This is a news release from the City of Sugar Land.